It's orgins dates back to 1824 as a frame building, which was replaced in 1852 by this brick building. The name Trinity United was adopted around 1928. Methodist Church, Cobourg, Ontario Details Cobourg is known for having one of the earliest Church of England parishes in Upper Canada. The first church's frame was built in the early 1820s. In 1854, the present, larger structure was built around the first one, under guiding hand of Kivas Tully, who was the architect of Victoria Hall. St. Peter's Anglican Church Details The present rectory was built in 1876-77 after the original rectory was moved. It sits on a spacious lot to the east of St. Peter's Anglican Church but most of the garden area in the back is now part of St. Peter's Court, a senior citizens residence.