Archway for Prince of Wales visit, 1860
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The archway was built over Division Street North near King Street. Photograph mounted on a cardboard placard.
- In preparation for the Prince's visit on September 7, 1860 (for the official opening of Victoria Hall) a number of arches were built. This one at the corner of King and Division Street had suspended festoons of coloured drapery attached and formed an open pavilion. Transparent materials and multi-colored lamps made quite an effect.
- Archway on Division constructed for Prince of Wales visit 1860.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 7in
Image Height: 9.5in
- Local identifier
- Historical Photographs
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.95977 Longitude: -78.16515
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Cobourg Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
200 Ontario Street, Cobourg, ON K9A 5P4