Entrance to Strathmore
- Media Type
- Item Type
- North Side of King Street East.
- Strathmore, as it was called, was the home of Judge George M. Clark, whose wife was a daughter of William Weller. He sold the estate in 1904 to Charles Donnelly, a Pittsburg steel magnate, who remodeled and enlarged it. This building was an example of the style known as Beaux Arts Classical, popular in the U.S.A., at the close of the 19th century. In 1914 the house was taken over by the Haas family from Toronto, who then owned it till the mid 1940s when they sold it to the Ontario government. Strathmore is now part of the Brookside Training School
- Entrance to Strathmore, Residence Mrs. Chas. Donnelly, Cobourg, Ont.
- Date of Original
- c. 1900
- Local identifier
- Historical Photographs
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.95977 Longitude: -78.16515
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Cobourg Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
200 Ontario Street, Cobourg, ON K9A 5P4